Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lincoln's First Testimony

At Family Home Evening last night, Lincoln (age 5) said he had a testimony and wanted to "give it." I told him we would love to hear it at the end. After the lesson, we start the closing song and Lincoln reminded me that he didn't give his testimony. We sit back down and he walks over to stand in front of the family. He smiles shyly, rubs his hands together, looks at me, makes a throat noise and starts. "I know dinosaurs aren't alive anymore." He pauses, we hold our breath. Is he serious? "Now I am going to tell you how they died." BAAHAA!!!!! Abby couldn't hold in her boisterous laughter! Cannon started making fun of him. Lincoln became embarrassed of course, I reach over and put my arm around him and say, "What can you tell us about church Lincoln?" The loud laughter from the kids is now down to giggles. With more gentle persuasion, Lincoln goes on the say, "I know the church is true because it teaches us about Jesus and to never follow satan's plan." He said a few more things and then said that he loves "all of everyone" and then closed.

I was so proud! What a sweetheart!

5 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

What a sweet boy!! Humorous I'm sure, but at least he followed with a great testimony. I love the innocence in children, they truly make life memorable! :)

MAMACITA said...

Oh my goodness! Cute Lincoln!! Well ya know that IS a testimony to say that he knows that dinosaurs aren't alive anymore! But ya---SOOOOO cute!! Just wanna HUG him!! xoxo

Mandy said...

Oh Lincoln, this just goes down on his "ridiculously adorable" list that he always has. I'll have to tell Braden about this. SO cute.

MAMACITA said...

LOVE this new background!!!

Rachel said...

Awww... he is so sweet. You are such a good mom!